‘How To...’ Ethics and Compliance – A model for good decision making within the ABPI Code
About this event:
Delivered by Dr Nick Broughton
This one day training course is a highly interactive day which will involve a close scrutiny of the principles underlying the ABPI Code of Practice such that every clause can be understood in terms of the ethical reasoning behind it. A particular emphasis will be given to clause 3 which relates to promotion of medicines outside of their marketing authorisation, as well as other clauses particularly relevant to the MSL role.
The meaning of promotion and perception of promotion will be explored fully to bring uniformity of understanding to the group. The afternoon session will involve small group workshops analysing and discussing difficult compliance scenarios. Past Code cases will be used to illustrate key points of principle as well as to highlight how reasonable differences of opinion can occur.
Date: Tuesday 15th May 2018
Time: 10am – 4pm
Venue: ABPI, 7th Floor, Southside, 105 Victoria Street, London SW1E 6QT*
Registration cost: £150 MSLA Members / £200 Non-members
Please register quickly to avoid disappointment. Places will be limited and will be on a first come, first served basis.
*The ABPI is next to House of Fraser and the Underground stations are St James Park and Victoria
MSLA Registration Cancellation Policy, Administration and Liability:
- Please make every effort to pass on your place to a colleague and inform us of their details in the event you are unable to not attend.
- Up to four weeks before the meeting: 100 percent of the registration fees (less 10 percent PayPal fees & administration costs).
- Up to two weeks before the meeting: 50 percent of the registration fees (less 10 percent PayPal fees & administration costs).
- There are no additional concessions and reimbursement will be considered on an individual basis.
- Please note that the MSLA will not be responsible for you or your possession whilst you attend the conference. It is your duty to be vigilant with your own safety and in securing your valuables. Report any issue to the MSLA & the venue immediately.